Thursday, August 4, 2011

Men's, Women's, and Kid's Deals Today!

Hi Guys!  It is so funny...everytime I go thrift shopping I come away saying...I have to tell someone what I found today!  I am so excited to now have this forum where I can share all of my treasures that I found! 
Today I swung into our Goodwill here in Frankfort, for just a moment, and I am glad that I invested the time.  I was able to get a like new Talbot's dress for myself, a new with tags Lucky Brand shirt for Handsome Husband, 2 like new Carters school shirts for Cutie Pie, and some brand new Stride Rite school shoes for Miss Sassy :)



This is my beautiful Talbot's dress.  I paid $5.00 for it and it would sell for about $70.00 brand new :)

                                                      
Carters shirt for Cutie Pie.  I paid $2.50 and it would be around $15.00 brand new.


Another great Carters shirt.

Brand new with tags Lucky Brand T-shirt for Hubs.  This was a FIND!! 
I paid $7.50 for this and brand new it would have been around $35.00.

Yay!  Brand new Stride Rite school shoes for Miss Sassy.  I paid $3.00.  These would be around $55.00 in a retail store :)

DEAL ALERT!!!
If you live in the Frankfort Area and need a new purse, Goodwill has a Coach bag for $19.00.  It was a great deal, but if you have read my previous posts, you know that I just got a Louis Vuitton, so I don't need another bag.  That brings me right into my thrifty tip for today...
*Just because you find a deal, it doesn't mean you need it.  This is an important thing to remember, because if you don't you might just find yourself on an episode of Hoarders.  Thrift shopping can be addictive, so learn to recognize when you have enough and when you come across a deal that is too good to resist, either tell a friend about it so that they can take advantage, or send me the info and I will happily post on the blog.  As thrift shoppers we have to be conscious of only buying what we need to buy.  You will find that you are going to come across A LOT of great deals, so be prepared to say no to some of them.  At first, it isn't easy, but trust me when I say, it is a good area to really exercise your self discipline. 
A deal at Kroger in Louisville was reported to me today.  They have all of their summer stuff on clearance, and one of our thrifty friends was able to get 22oz. plastic cups for $.07 and $.10 a piece!!
Feel free to email me if you have any questions!



1 comment:

  1. Amen! I can go broke @ goodwill just as fast as when I'm @ the mall! Love Maddy's new shirts!

    ReplyDelete