Friday, July 29, 2011

In the Beginning...

We have THREE kids.  For those of you who don't know, this can be super expensive.  I, as a mom that loves beautiful things (think champagne taste and not even beer, but water budget) had to come up with a way to marry my taste with my budget in a complementary way.  I remember long ago thinking, I cannot imagine shopping at Goodwill....I thought that things there would be gross, and people's trash, and just all around nasty.  I was so wrong.  Little by little, I started to visit, I would just go in and walk around, take my time, and look at all the stuff.  I came to realize something very important:  So, I might have a gift, a weird gift, but a gift all the same.  My gift is this:  I can find some CRAZY deals.  I have plenty of people who will testify to this.  My sister and I were talking on the phone a few nights ago, and she said "You should start a blog, and teach people how to shop at thrift stores!"  I started thinking, maybe I should do that!!!  I would love to be able to teach people what to look for, and what is and is not a good deal.  I am so excited about the opportunity to talk to you guys about thrifty shopping, and hopefully this will help you keep a little more green in your wallet!
As we go along, I will post pics of all of my deals, and would love for you to send me pics of your fabulous finds!  I will try to impart all that I know to all of you, so that we can sparkle a little more thriftily!



Speaking of SPARKLE...these are some great, brand new BCBG heels that I got at Goodwill.  They have never been worn!!  I paid $5.00 for these shoes!  The trick to this is never rule anything out!  A lot of people might go into Goodwill, and they have the mindset of "This place is dirty and I won't be able to use anything in here."  Even more so, they will walk by the shoes and think "I cannot even consider wearing used shoes!!!  Super disgusting!"  I am going to be honest, some used shoes definitely are super disgusting, BUT not all shoes at Goodwill are used!!!  NEWSFLASH!  You can find some FANTASTIC deals if you can clear your mind of everything you think you are going to see. 
I am so excited about this new blog, and will be updating VERY frequently, so make sure to follow me!! 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Girl, you truly have A GIFT for finding ridiculous bargains in ridiculous places!!! I can look through a rack of clothes and leave thinking nothing is there and you come along and find Strasbourg and Ralph Lauren...HOW IS THAT????

    ReplyDelete